Then thirty is going to hit me like an unwanted zit on prom night.
I discovered my first white hair this year. Ask Aaron, I freaked out on him in KL. The coffee didn't help. It's embarrassing to admit, but I felt like crying that night. Then I felt like laughing too, because white hair or not - here was another 'first'.
I didn't pluck the white hair out, and I check on it once in a while to see how it's doing... like an unofficial pet. Perhaps, like my left breast - I shall give my solitary white hair a name. Suggestions?
*Derailment* I wonder what I'll one day name my solitary hair. At least now I still have the pleasure of adding the adjective 'white'... to discern one strand from all the rest. I have 'the rest' to feel blessed about.
My twenties have been fabulous and so much has happened in these ten years. I've had lots of firsts...
- First drunken binge
- First serious long-term relationship
- First time contemplating marriage
- First time contemplating marriage to a same-sex partner
- First white hair
- First sexual encounter involving more than two persons
- First nervous breakdown
- First speech at a wedding
- First visit to the psychiatrist
- First plane ride out of Malaysia
- First hamster and rat pets
- First newspaper article about me (and mum and Nanny too)
- First same-sex relationship
- First holiday in East Malaysia
- First time appearing as a VO and acting talent (haha laughable actually)
- First time I've lived away from my parents
- First tattoo
- First mmorpg experience
- First time I quit smoking & drinking
- First car (that's mine)
- First Chigger (I've always had Chigger, but it was the first time I thought of giving it a name)
- First D&D character making it past level 3
- First career change
- First blog
... the list is endless isn't it? There's a blessing in every one of those firsts and I wouldn't have done anything different. However, that doesn't mean to say that I'd relish having seconds or thirds where some of the things on that list are concerned.
*Derailment: While I'm contemplating the last week of my twenties. My brother is probably 'not' contemplating the last 22 days of his thirties. The bastard. (I mean that fondly)
I can't remember who it was that said to me recently, "Why do we need to have white hair to be seen as having wisdom?" Well, since I recently removed my first wisdom tooth, perhaps this as yet unnamed white hair has come to strike a balance on the wisdom scales. Mwah haha.
Well I don't know what the Thirties will hold for me, but I'll make sure there's a whole bunch of other 'firsts' to add to the list. Among them would be: First degree, first holiday in a country with seasons & first business.
But in the meantime, I'm grateful that in 7 days, it WON'T be my first great party with the people I care about MOST in this world.
Having firsts are great. Having more of the same with you guys makes me feel unbelievably blessed.
I'll see you guys soon!
Forget the party hats.
Bring the booze, an appetite
& a willingness to tea-party like the Edgar-ator!