Florence and Meng even kindly treated me to a portion of their bed so I could stay over! Thanks guys!
- Gayle emcees at Aaron & Becky's Wedding on Sat, 6 November 2010
- False eyelash partially comes off on stage, flaps loosely over left eye. Apparently the glue couldn’t handle the weight of the eye-lash AND the lock of hair resting on it (due to new wavy hairdo)
- Friend hijacks masking tape from banquet staff, adheres suspect named “Botz” to chair
- Large friendly gentleman called Jobe experiments with aviation during dinner… Chopstick takes flight, hangs around near ceiling suspended by 3 helium balloons. Banqueting staff look on – calculate overtime for waiting on chopstick to descend later that night.
- Man sucks helium then has mouth taped over… the Large Friendly Gentleman thought that might make him fart in a higher pitch; or float
- Couple of what turns out to be adults codenamed Ronz and Eric Remedies, roll around confetti on the floor like it’s a pile of leaves in fall. Admirably, no one gets hurt or needs help getting up off the floor.
- Styrofoam pillars belonging to hotel destroyed, used as weapons by groom and best man in a medieval Joust. Weatherman reports short, sharp showers of Styrofoam.
- Flower bouquets destroyed in a game of “loves me, loves me not”; culprits later realize flowers were fake
- Impersonator named Andrew Lambert gets picked up and hurled through air towards garter (also in mid-air) in impromptu rugby move by Clubhouse Boys... displaying unheard of agility, strength and coordination (at least for them).
- Plenty of career-ending type photographs taken at night’s end which will not be shown here or on facebook
- First official birthday meal past midnight was a Fillet o’Fish Medium Value Meal at McDonalds at 2ish am. False eyelashes still going strong.
And I didn’t even have to pay for the party! All in all, a very memorable way to turn 33. I was surrounded by family and dear friends! Only a few close babes of mine were missing but presents a good reason to celebrate again eh?
Love you all. My 30's are turning out to be a really great time!