Thursday, May 19, 2005

About HIV

So yeah, did a pro-bono emceeing stint at a World Aids Day Candlelight Memorial thing recently. My FIRST emceeing stint, I might add. It was cool... not much to do except read from the script.

It was awesome to meet Becki though. She's the first person I've met who's living with HIV... she came up and told her story. I was so touched, I had to hug her.

Do you know what she's had to go through???
Even in the HOSPITAL where the medical personnel are supposed to be trained to handle AIDs patients, Becki was ostracised and discriminated against. They told everyone she had HIV, to stay away from her. They put her in an area away from everyone else and she wasn't allowed to talk to anyone. They wouldn't help her. They treated her hatefully... like she was a stray dog!

But LOOK PEOPLE! She didn't ask for this! Her only crime was to be married to the person who infected her!

I mean JESUS!

The small-mindedness of some people really make me sick.

Now I really want a shot gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment